Even though over a year has passed since the Great East Japan Earthquake, which caused such enormous damage to the Tohoku area, the social and industrial infrastructures of the affected area have not been fully restored yet. As recovery from damage to infrastructures, lifelines and supply chains, as well as from confusion in social, industrial and economic activities, is likely to require a prolonged time, the need for leaders in the field of safety and security have been growing in society.
To develop top leaders of science for global safety, who can contribute to “Recognizing safety and security,”“Creating safety and security,” and “Living in safety and security” against diverse risks (concentrating on natural disasters) via the program through collaboration of researchers in science, engineering, and human and social sciences.
- “Leaders in international enterprise”
- “Academic Leaders”
- “Leaders of national and regional disaster prevention”
- “Leaders of international risk management”
Cultivation of Human Resources for a Better Future
- Human resources with a discipline of human studies and a clear vision, who can think and make decisions independently based on true knowledge based on academic research.
- Human resources capable of design engineering and social scientific systems to prevent and reduce disasters by understanding mechanisms generating natural disasters and their various associated risks.
“Hexagonal（Confeito) -type” Human Resources
Professional Capability (basis of science for global safety: core)
＋Applied Skill (ability to respond to various phenomena: shell)
Capacity as a Leader
◆ Ability to see the big picture ：ability to organize various phenomena and regard them correctly and comprehensively
◆ Leadership：ability to guide a team
◆ International sense： capable of international negotiation and exchange
◆ Social Nature： sense of responsibility as a leader
◆ Sense of Ethics： ethics as a global leader